Friday, January 9, 2009

Jiving at 5

Since starting Wii Fit and weighing in I am down 5 pounds. Not sure how much stock I put in the Wii fit scale, but most likely it is right that I am at least losing weight. For some reason I have always been able to lose (or gain, unfortunately) weight really quick. I remember in college when i was between girlfriends and I wanted to lose a little weight my diet consisted of: not eating out, not getting seconds at the Dining Commons, not drinking soda. I would lose weight within weeks doing this and since I only needed to lose a few pounds back then it was easy and quick. Now, because I am a fat a$$ I need to work at it for longer amounts of time. Plus, I have developed really bad eating habits so i need to go on a more restricted diet.

I have come to the conclusion that so much of dieting is mental. Duh!! Just being able to fight through some cravings by drinking more fluids or eating celery, cucumbers or pickles is huge. Christine and I have a little saying that we have not used in awhile (which may have something to do with my current weight). "I think I am going to have sleep to eat" This is because we are both always ready for a nighttime snack around 9 o'clock or so. When we have tried to watch or weight in the past we would say this line and just go up to bed.

Well, off to a good start and I am hoping that I can keep it going. In the past on this diet the bulk of my weight loss happened in the first three weeks so we'll see.

Side note - Got a new camera for Christmas from Christine. Hopefully I can learn to use it correctly and post more pictures into this blog.

No comments: