Wednesday, April 15, 2009

44 lbs. and counting (in more ways than one)

Over the past few weeks I have had a really hard time being regular about what I eat. It started at the Music Conference followed up immediately by a week long run of "Crazy For You" and then two days guest conducting for All Cape Jazz. Then it was the Easter feast. I continued to run during all of this, but not as consistent as I would have liked due to the lack of sleep from late nights. Because of all this I have been a little hesitant to weigh myself, but I figured that I might as well so I can get a handle where I am. Well, as of this morning I am now down 44 lbs. PSYCHED!!!! I set the Wii Fit for another 22 lbs. For some reason it will not allow you to put your goal at more than 22 lbs. If I am able to lose another 22 lbs. I would be at 230 lbs. which is right around the weight that I got married at. I have also set a goal for myself that is realistic. I am never going to let myself get heavier than 255 lbs. again. Right now I am 252 and feel pretty comfortable. Yes, perhaps a little overweight, but definitely healthier than the end of 2008.

Still counting the days until some solid fishing is going to happen. The beginning of May will have us putting the boat back into Fiddler's Cove. I plan on making many a trip to Middle Ground during the squid time towards the middle of May through Memorial Day. Then, hopefully the first week of June will bring a nice run of fish through the canal again, but hoping for similar conditions to last year would be asking a lot.

No comments: