Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why so Hard?

Why is it so hard to wake up in the morning? Obviously we all love sleep, but waking up an hour earlier than normal should not be such an undertaking. I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed yesterday to do 8 miles. I knew that I better get up today and get it done or I would be going down a slippery slope that would end up with me not being prepared for the marathon. This week has been particularly tough in terms of time because I am playing a show and balancing the sports and practices that the kids are in. Evenings are out of the question. On top of that the days are so busy that I am tired and need sleep. However, I set myself up to be ready to go this morning and got it done, 8 miles. I feel great. I have a ton of energy which has also spilled over into my work. I am teaching effectively today. So, why is it so hard to get up? Frankly, I feel this good just about every morning I wake up early and run. Why would I not want to feel this way more often?

No comments: