Thursday, June 11, 2009

Depression is setting in

Went to Mashnee Island last night and only managed a blowup on a pencil popper that did not result in a hookup. Very depressing!! Since catching a keeper for my first fish they have all managed to get progressively smaller up until the last few weeks of successive skinks!! No fish!! Yes, I do not get out there as much as some others do, but usually I can count on a bluefish or a schoolie. Nope!! To top it all off, Mike Earley went to middle ground yesterday and boated over a dozen bass. This has just not been my spring. Last year I remember it took me until well into May to get my first fish, but when I finally did it was that great week at Mashnee. I really need a fever so I can get sent home and be quarantined away from school for 7 days for fear of swine flu. That will give me ample time to get build up some hours on the water and get some fish. To top it all off I am still dealing with my fishing rod issue. I have my big surf rod and a couple Wal-Mart specials, but nothing that will throw 7" Hogy's like I like to do. I will figure it out one of these days, but right now I am majorly bummed out.

No comments: