Monday, July 27, 2009

I am Ready!!

In two ways....

1. I just got back from running 7 miles. I am officially ready for the Falmouth Road Race. I am very excited and admittedly a little nervous about running such a huge and prestigious race.

2. Going to Marshfield next week. Time for the once a year excursion for tuna. The only problem potentially is that this year the tuna are MUCH bigger than years past. Last year the tuna were running anywhere from 50 - 80 lbs. This year, 140 - 200 lbs. I am not sure that my gear will cut it. In fact, my buddies at Bad Fish Outfitters told me it would not work. However, after watching an On the Water TV episode and reading an On the Water article I feel like giving it a shot anyway. So I hook up and lose a fish, big deal. The article I read talked about a few guys that used to target giant tuna in the 400 - 600 lb. range in their 21 ft. Whaler in the 80's. They had Penn Senator reels just like me and I have to believe that they have improved them over the last 20+ years. It went on to talk about how they would tighten the drag way down and let the fish tire itself out by pulling the boat around. Really cool!! Here's to hoping. At the very least I am sure I will get a nice whale show out there.

No comments: