Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer? Oh yeah

Almost forgot it was summer. School ended and it was just crappy weather for days. Northeast storms and now we have Low pressure systems just hovering over New England which creates rain and the possibility of T-storms on a daily basis. The family and I have actually been able to get out on the boat a few times and find a private beach or two and caught some rays.

Fishing has been slow. Teaching at Boston Conservatory this summer is a blessing and a curse. It is awesome to be teaching such musical individuals, but my running and fishing have taken hits in the past couple of weeks. Going to try and step up my game a little bit to improve this. Wish me luck. Only been to the Elizabeth Islands once this year on an early morning jaunt and I did catch one nice bass, but overall the fishing has been slow. Apparently the fish are still hanging out at Middle Ground as Mike Earley still is managing to kill them on his feathered Polaris poppers. I am teaching the next three days straight so finding spare time and/or the energy to do anything more than relax is going to be difficult. Going to try waking up early to get some running in which will hopefully up my energy. Fishing may just have to be a 4am dawn patrol down to the Elizabeths on the weekends.

No comments: