Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fun time on the ice


Last night I laced up the skates to play hockey for the first time in 18 years or so. What a fun time. This was a fundraiser for the girls hockey scholarship for Falmouth High School. Together we raised $715. Awesome job everybody. It was exciting to get a couple goals and it was a blast playing with people of all ability levels. A few people were playing for the first time which was fun to see. Some real athletic people trying their best to get to the puck, pass or shoot, all the while trying to maintain their balance was funny to watch.

Personally, a lot of things came back to me like riding a bike, but my skating was a bit uncomfortable. On the first play I took a huge digger when pivoting from backwards to forwards which is something I could have done in my sleep years ago, but my skills did not match my memory so..... My highlight was a breakaway and I snapped a nice shot into the top corner from the top of the circle. Lucky!! Pretty cool looking though.

Can't believe a Barnstable graduate actually wore maroon and white for Falmouth!!!

1 comment:

MO Bob said...

I am proud that you actually got back out on the ice. If you remember the "older guys" at Tony Kent, they had a blast in the no contact groups. You can go to the fire or police departments, get on the payroll for a day and play in their leagues. A lot of guys did that in the leagues I watched years ago. Keep running. I might be gaining a bit of weight here in DR as I get no exercise and mostly mental type work. Trying to do two meals; mostly fruit for breakfast.