Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I did it!!

Ran the half marathon. Very exciting. I was very happy to finish it without walking. I started the race off a bit too fast which ended up hurting my pace down the stretch, but you live and learn. Before my next race I will be investing in a GPS watch that will help me calculate my pace. Finished the race in 2h 15m. A little slower than a 10 minute mile pace. This has been my experience so far during my practice runs. My pace for 5 to 7 miles has been more in the 9:40 range, but I must really slow down those last few miles. No worries. A work in progress. Knee pain was minimal and was more stiff than painful. I am looking forward to resting my knee for a few weeks, getting new shoes and start training for my next half marathon on May 30. I am only hoping that my knee pain does not reoccur. That would really suck. Hopefully the rest and new shoes will do the trick and get rid of the pain and/or stiffness altogether. Still thinking of doing a sprint triathlon too. We'll see.

1 comment:

MO Bob said...

Way to go Tom. I knew all along you were a runner. It took you this long to find out for yourself I guess. As a freshman in high school I was the #2 fastest guy in all four grades 9 - 12. Long time ago, but wish I had a chance then to work on it. Oh well. Glad you are enjoying your hobby. I am almost down to 200# as of this morning. I figure a month to 190#, if I'm lucky.