Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can't wait much longer

I am ready to say the least. This week is the weather that we have been waiting for on the Cape. Should be coming close to 60 degrees almost everyday. So, with April vacation coming up and this nice weather I checked out the 10 day forecast. Looks like one week from today it is supposed to be cloudless skies and 60 degrees. Perfect time for the first outing of '08. Not expecting to catch much. Just hoping to get out there and get comfortable with the boat again. I will probably attempt to make my way up some rivers and deep into harbors to look for some small schoolies, but not top priority.

I am looking forward to using this new product form Hogy this spring. The Hogy Skinny is their new line of soft plastics which are made to imitate small bait like seaworms etc. I got some yesterday from Gene Bourque and rigged them up last night. I will probably be casting with Gwen or Thomas' rods which are 6 footers with 10 lb. test line. Good way to start. C'mon sun, I am rooting for your warming capabilities. Water temperatures usually need to be approaching 50 degrees to have a shot. Wish me luck on a successful vacation.

No comments: