Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I won!! All skill, I swear

Yeah!!! I won the NCAA tournament pool at work. We had over 20 entrants in the winner take all format. I actually entered two brackets this year. My first bracket I picked very few upsets and decided that I would just do the picks as fast as possible and not over think it. This left me with four number one seeds in the Final Four, that will never happen. But, it did. My second bracket was my upset bracket that found only one top seed making it to the Final Four, NC, Louisville, Texas and Pitt. I had NC winning this bracket. After I entered my picks and they were finalized I kept thinking that maybe I wanted to change my pick to NC in both brackets and have them beating Kansas in the Fianl Four. I also pondered giving Coach Cal's team the nod, but that was my heart talking and whenever I choose with my heart I lose. I have been doing these NCAA brackets ever since my Junior year of college when UMASS made the Fianl Four. I normally do very poor on these brackets. Last year, I picked the entire Elite 8 correctly, but only had one team advance to the Final Four. A good start. Over the years I have picked Kansas to win it all a few times including when they had Pierce, Pollard and LaFrentz. What a great team and I still can't understand how they lost.

Watching the Championship Game on Monday night was exciting. Kansas was playing well and I just kept telling myself that I did not care who won. If Kansas won then I got the $$ and if Memphis won then chalk one up for former UMASS coach, John Calipari. Memphis blew a 9 point lead with 2:12 left to go. They missed 5 of 6 free throws down the strech, made a horrible foul and turnover that ended up being turned into a 3 pointer. 5 points in about 20 seconds. Lastly, even though i love Coach Cal I need to point out that he really made a mistake by not calling a timeout with 10 seconds left to go. His team should have fouled Kansas on the way down the court before attempting the final three pointer that sent the game to overtime.

Here is the link to my bracket.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/347849

No comments: