Monday, March 10, 2008

Geocaching


Yes, geocaching is actually a word. I had to look it up to make sure i was spelling correctly. I first heard of geocaching from our friend Amy Fish. I used to be a bit skeptical and kept telling her that someone was going to bury a bomb, stalk her while she was off in the wilderness. But, I must admit I was wrong. I really enjoy doing a geocache with the family. It is a great way to get a little exercise, fresh air and socialize.

Yesterday we did two geocaches in Chatham and we brought Mike Kennedy and his fiance' Jenn with us. The caches were challenging, but were worth it as the views of the two ponds we were near were gorgeous. I, of course found both geocaches. I am quickly becoming the master of finding these things. :) It is fun.

After geocaching we went to eat a The Squire on main street Chatham and then went to the beaches to see if we could see any seals. No luck. The picture above is of Thomas and Gwen near where we found the first cache overlooking Goose Pond. By the way, we did see a couple fisherman down there looking miserable next to a fire and not catching anything.

No comments: