Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What is all the fuss about?

I have been frequenting a message board that features fellow anglers asking questions and chatting about fishing and in particular about striped bass. There seems to be a huge buzz about hand made surf casting plugs. I love a surf casting plug like the rest of them, but these guys are going crazy. Going to shows just to buy them and Oh Yeah, they just so happen to cost $20-$30 per plug. No thank you, I will stick with my Atom surface poppers and my Danny style swimming plugs from the tackle shop. And I will only spend $8-$15 tops.

I must admit however that some of these guys have taken it to a high level of artistry. Pure works of art. Hand painted and/or air brushed. Big eyes and through wired. Incredible, but I can't imagine fishing with them because they are honestly gorgeous. I will try and get a couple pictures below of some prime examples.


1 comment:

theinfinitetrader said...

I agree, art, but no better than your than your well made store bought plug.
I prefer a chocolate colored hollow plastic frog for all of my bass needs.