Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My "Before I Die" List

I know, I am only 33 and turning 34 in a week, why do I need a list like this already? I don't, but it is good to have one I think. I have some general goals in life like getting my kids safely through school and in to college and providing for my family etc. This list are things that I would really like, but do not necessarily have to have in order for my life to be complete. I know there was a movie called the "Bucket List" that featured Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman making sure they fulfilled all the listings on their lists and one of my favorite TV shows that bombed, Boomtown, had a character that was always checking off items on his list as well. Not sure how I am going to approach my list, but I came so close to fulfilling my dream of seeing a bald eagle in the wild last week that it got me to thinking. Why don't I put down the things I want on that list in print? I am sure that I will forget things, want to add things and maybe leave off some things that I might not want people to know. :) Here it is:

1. See a bald eagle in the wild. (I have seen some in captivity, but that doesn't count)
2. Catch a tuna.
3. Catch a tarpon on light gear.
4. Catch a 50# striped bass. (Asking a lot I know)
5. See a Red Sox game from the Monster Seats.
6. Go on a cruise in Alaska.
7. When I retire, get a sizable fishing boat with outriggers and has a bed.

The above list to me is all attainable. Sure there are plenty of things I wish. Like I wish I was wealthy and did not have to work. I wish my son did not have diabetes, but pipe dreams do not count in my list.

No comments: