Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good Weekend

Fishing - Friday, Christine was with her band and chorus at Six Flags so I took the kids to the 99. After dinner I decided to check out South Cape Beach and saw the bluefish mayhem that I have witnessed and heard about. I had told the kids that if it was too crazy we would just watch. As luck would have it it was crazy, but an opening opened up right in front of us and there was a dad with his two kids right beside us so fishing was in the cards. Made a bunch of casts and only managed one bluefish. There must have been 70-80 fisherman all along the beach and most people brought in at least on fish. The bluefish I brought home had a freshly eaten squid inside of it. Sunday, Mike Earley and I went out early in my boat and headed to Middle Ground. It was foggy, but we made it there and back safe and sound. I usually love fishing in foggy conditions, but the bass were not cooperating and we did not manage to see one fish caught by us or any other anglers. Monday, I helped Mike get his boat in the water and on his trip to Quissett he caught a couple bluefish in front of the old hotel. Later, i went fishing with Ed Lott in his 12' aluminum boat out of Poppy Bay. I missed a hit and saw a kayaker land a fish. Pretty sure it was a school of small bass as my Hogy did not show any signs of being bit by a bluefish.

So, the weekend was not that successful on the fishing side of things, but it was relaxing. Had a couple cookouts with the Earley's and Fish/Lott's.

No comments: