Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

Still hovering around 49 lbs. For whatever reason I can not seam to hit 50.

Caught a nice bluefish last night at Parker's. There was a good amount of bait there and some sizable swirls and slaps slamming it at times. The fish were really hard to reach because they were hanging in between Kingman's and Parker's plus Parker's dock space was packed full of sailboats. I really only had one shot at the school and it paid off. My new rod was great and I was able to really horse that fish in and keep him out from under the boats and docks. The new Boga grip had the bluefish at a little over 7 lbs. Pretty nice size for this time of year. Caught the fish on last year's go to lure, the 7" bone Hogy. The bluefish did not even tear up the bait that much so I was able to keep fishing with it which is pretty rare for a soft plastic.

The cover is off the boat and if not for some whining kids it would be stored at Fiddler's already. As it turns out it will work out fine because I need to get a new front cover for the bow fish box from Edwards' Boat Yard. The boat is covered with pollen which is exactly what I was trying to avoid this year, but it will clean up fine. I will hit it good before I bring it to Fiddler's. Looking to get it dirty with a lot of fish blood soon though. :)

Here is a pic of my new reel. So far, so good. Can't wait to see how it holds up during the course of the entire season. Would post a pic of the rod, but can't find a pic that does it justice. In a nutshell it is very thin and light which allows me to cast soft plastics, but it has a decent amount of backbone to allow me to get a strong fish in quickly.

No comments: