Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Skunk is Off!!

I caught my first fish of '09. During lunch today I swung by Trunk River and threw out a 7" amber Hogy a few times. On around my 15th cast or so I got a solid hookup and was a bit surprised when my dragging started sounding. It ended up being a fish close to 30" and had a nice belly to it too. First of many I hope this year.

In other news I am trying to setup a trip with someone I met online while doing TJ's raffle fundraiser on Surf Talk. He has a son that has diabetes and is going to bring him along. We are shooting for sometime towards the end of May. Perhaps early June.

48 lbs. Two pounds away from being down 50 lbs. Crazy!! To be honest I have not been working out that much. An occasional run here and there, but I am really watching what I eat. I have not had a bagel, fast food burger or fries since December. I really think that helps. Plus, I have been able to make good choices at home and I order differently while out to eat. Recently I have stopped drinking which can only help. I stopped for reasons that are a whole blog entry unto itself. Whether it ever gets written or not is a different story.

No comments: